Accidents / Criminal Cases

Motor-Vehicle Accidents

You are entitled to compensation should you get injured in a motor accident as a result of careless driving of the other driver. All motor vehicles on Canadian roads are required to have a minimum of third party insurance where the driver of the other motor vehicle, the passengers, cyclists, pedestrians, and the passengers of the vehicle involved in the accident are compensated. The compensation is meant to cover medical expenses, loss of income, and damages. The families of individuals who perish from such car accidents are also entitled to compensation. We will contact the insurance company on your behalf.

If you are involved in a serious car accident that has left you physically, financially, and emotionally disabled, we at Inhaam Law Office will represent you so that you can take the time to recover. We only get paid a percentage of what you win in the settlement, meaning you do not need money to file a law suit.

What do we promise?

We have an experienced and dedicated team that is out to serve you. We have earned the respect of our peers over the years and this comes in handy in conference rooms. We know the system and we know what it takes to win a case.

Integrity is at the core of Inhaam Law Office. We go all the way once we take on a case. Pick up the phone and reach one of our experts at 647-427-2406.


Traffic Tickets & Criminal Charges

Committed to Fight for Your Rights

We can prepare and present your Criminal Theft Defence in court. Inhaam Law represents people charged with Summary Criminal Offences, including, Dangerous Driving, Drive Disqualified, Assault, Domestic Violence, Break & Enter, Possession of Stolen Property, Theft under $5000, Fraud, Shoplifting, Mischief, Breach of Probation, Violate Conditions, Criminal Harassment, and More.


Highway Traffic Act Violations

  • Dangerous Driving Penalties

A conviction for Dangerous Driving means that you will get a criminal record for life, an automatic one-year d rivers’ licence suspension, and the possibility of jail.

  • Driving While Disqualified

Driving while Disqualified is a criminal charge under the Criminal Code of Canada.

Driving while disqualified is a result of a criminal code conviction where a Judge or statue has ordered a criminal driving licence suspension.

For example the accused was found guilty of an impaired driving, or dangerous driving offence, and court ordered suspension or prohibition not to drive a motor vehicle anywhere in Canada. 

The prohibition includes any type of motor vehicle powered by any type of engine, includes tractors, heavy equipment or machinery operated anywhere in Canada including on private property.

The driver can be arrested, held in custody and the police can seize the motor vehicle. 

The penalty for this offence can include a period of custody/jail as the court will view the offence as serious because the accused directly disobeyed a judge's order.

  • Fail to Remain - Fail to Stop at Accident

Hit and Run accidents fall into two difference categories under Canadian Law.

      • Fail to Stop at the Scene of the Accident, under the Criminal Code of Canada
      • Fail to Remain at the scene of the accident, Highway Traffic Act
  • Criminal Negligence - Criminal Code of Canada 219

Criminal negligence arise from acts or omissions when the accused was under a legal duty to do something or should have done something. To meet the standard for criminal negligence, the act or omission must show a wanton or reckless disregard for the lives or safety of other persons.

Criminal Negligence is often defined as:

      • not doing something which a reasonable person would do, or;
      • doing something which a reasonable person would not do.

Thus negligence can involve acts of commission and acts of omission. In order to register a conviction the crown must generally show the court that the accused had a duty to perform, there was a breach of that duty, and there was an injury or loss.
As charges of Criminal Negligence are usually serious in nature persons receiving these offences should immediately contact Inhaam Law Office to obtain immediate representation.


It is in your best interest to fight these changes, at every level. At the very least you should obtain a legal opinion as to your likelihood of success.  This area of law is complicated and requires knowledgeable and experienced counsel.

Home | Real Estate | Wills & Estates | Family Law | Immigration | Small Claims | Accidents / Criminal Cases | Contact Us